This is not how to treat people

What the hell is the deal?

Why do people act like shit to me when I'm nice enough? I know this sounds stupid and egotistical, but I always try to be nice to almost everyone. I treat them how I want to be treated.
So why is it that people still treat me that bad? Do I have to be mean to get people to treat me decently?

I spend my time listening others' problems. And no one spends more than two seconds thanking me, if I even get that. I spend hours and hours working on something that no one will ever care about and all I want is for someone to sit down and say that I did a good job and actually know what they're saying.

Am I actually a bad person or something? I know I've got some issues, I'm fooling around, but that doesn't mean that I'm evil.
I don't even know what else to say. I dont know who to blame. I just don’t like how people are starting to treat me, without even giving me a reason as to why. I hate to guess did I make a mistake or they just treat me bad for their enjoyment. I shouldnt take this too much, I try not giving a shit but I cant.